2003 Toyota 4-runner intermittent electrical problems

My 4-runner has been having some weird electrical problems. Previously certain things just wouldn't work for a few days, such as the back window, wipers and defrost. Then the auto feature on the drivers side window and sunroof stopped working. Of course every time I took it in and complained of this the problem was gone. So this summer on a really hot day I started the vehicle and I got weird dash lights, no air, no windows, no brake lights, turn signals, etc.. all except the radio which works fine. The first time it did this it lasted for about

10 minutes while I turned it on and off and then when I pushed in the safety override button to get it into drive and drove off it came on in 10 seconds. I took it in, they checked all the grounds and found nothing wrong. The next time it did it, (another scorcher) I drove off and it didn't fix itself. I finally made it to the dealership, showed it to them, and then after they drove it into there shop it started working again, for a total bad time of about 30 minutes. So this time they replaced the ignition thingy. Well it did it again, (nother hot day) but this time I wasn't going to drive it, so I pulled it into the shade and about 20 minutes later everything worked again. Has anyone ever had this problem on a toyota before, my car is still in the shop and the mechanics are stumped. Plus my warranty is about ready to run out, will they still honor this if they can't fix it this time and it happens again?
Reply to
digher

It will take a wiring diagram, a good meter, and time to find the source of the problem. As long as you have the condition documented in writing before the warranty expires, you should be safe if the problem pops up soon after.

Reply to
Ray O