2003 Toyota Echo Spark Plug Access

Hi,

Does anyone know how to best get to the spark plugs on a 2003 Toyota Echo to change them?

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
the mango

Remove top plastic cover remove 10mm nuts that hold individual coil units pull up on coils one at a time the spark plugs are under the coils use an extention for your ratchet and a standard size plug socket easiest plugs I've changed in years -bonus - no plug wires

Reply to
reddwood

remove the plastic engine cover, 10 mm wrench. carefully remove the spark coils, no need to detach the wiring. 10 mm wrench use a spark plug socket with an extension to remove the plugs. when installing the plugs, use an antisieze lube sparingly on the threads, don't get it on the end of the plugs. torque to the correct spec. i don't have it off the top of my head. reinstall the coils, carefully seat them on each plug, tighten the bolts. reinstall the plastic cover. good luck, sammm

Reply to
SAMMM

Reply to
the mango