2004 Camry air filter housing bolt

I had my oil changed at one of the fast lube places today and they checked my air filter. Once I got home I double checked their work and found the lost the rear bolt on the air filter housing. Does anyone know the size of this bolt or where I can get a replacement? TIA.

Reply to
therays

I would say try the Toyota dealer. It shouldn't be too expensive and chances are they have it in stock.

Reply to
badgolferman

There should be more than one bolt on the air filter housing. If you have another vehicle, pull the other bolt out, take it to a hardware store, and match it up. If you don't have another car, pull it out at the store or try an 8 mm fine pitch bolt.

Reply to
Ray O

Don't worry about the cost, even though it shouldn't be much - call the local Toyota Dealer and get a part number and a price, and check availability.

Then call the Quick Lube place and talk to the General Manager. Give him the ordering information, and ask how long it will take them to send someone over to the dealer, buy the bolt and get back, so you can come by with the car and have them install it.

Explain the procedure to them just like that so you make it clear they don't have a choice in the matter, because unless they can find the bolt on the floor somewhere, they really don't. Sounds like you are reasonably certain the bolt was there when you took the car in.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman