2004 Corolla rear view mirror

My daughter's corolla has a rear view mirror (has reading lights built in) that seems to vibrate (when looking into it as I drive the car at

30 mph or so) a bit too much. When I touch it, it seems like the whole assembly is pretty tight but the mirror just vibrates enough to make you eyes dizzy or annoyed if you have to stare into it as you drive.

I was looking as the assembly and I don't see any adjustment to tighten it nor to wedge anything. Is there anything I can do to try to tighten it (the mirror portion) just a tad? Is a replacement the only option and if so, do you know the cost for the mirror part or the whole assembly?

Reply to
Rob

Sounds like it's resonant to a particular vibration in the vehicle which is being coupled into the mirror...(that's called sympathetic vibration).

If you can get at the back of the mirror you might try gluing something heavy to it, that should change it's resonant point..luck helps in finding just where to affix the weight...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

I'll bet she just needs to cut the Subwoofers back a scosche...

Reply to
hachiroku