2005 avalon tire size

tires that come on new avalon are 215-55-17 size. There is a very small selection of tires at tire rack in this size. Will size 225-55-17 fit ok on the new avalon. I know it will only slightly affect the gear ratio and speedometer. Will this slightly larger tire adversely affect traction control etc. Thanks. This is a great newsgroup.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Go to

click on the "shop for tires" link, and see what sizes fit your vehicle.

As long as all four tires are the same size, there will not be any affect on ABS or traction control.

Reply to
Ray O

I did check with tire rack. They list 17,18, and 19 inch diameter wheels but are only showing 215 width. I'm trying to find out if you can use a wider width tire such as 225 since there is a larger selection of tires available in the wider width.

Thanks

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
Tony

On Tire Rack's web site, go to the "shopping tools" link, then "tire decision guide" link. It shows 225/60-16 as a size that fits on a 2005 Avalon XL. The additional 10 mm width should not affect fit. Assuming zero offset on the wheels, that's only 5 mm on each side.

Reply to
Ray O