2005 Camry SE seat height

Hello,

We bought our 2005 Camry SE last September, and I basically love

*everything* about the car, with two exceptions.

  1. The windshield wiper controls are BACKWARDS. (Up for a single wipe, down and down for faster and faster intermittent and continuous wipe? Gimme a break! This only makes sense if the control were on the LEFT side!!)

OK, I'm prettymuch adjusted to that. No big deal.

  1. My head rubs against the headliner unless I slouch.

This one still bugs me. We got the car for long trips where comfort is the prime concern. I know it's because of the sun/moon roof, which I like OK, but could do without. That's largely irrelevant, though, because we couldn't get one without.

So, is there any way to LOWER the driver's seat?

I'm pretty handy with tools, so digging into the seat moorings wouldn't bother me, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem and how to go about doing it . . . .

(I'll probably get used to that too, but it's still irksome. Happily I will NOT have that problem in the 2006 Scion xB commuter that's on order!)

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

Toyotas have had this setup for 30 years.

If you have power seats, they do adjust for height. I believe that manual seats also adjust for height with twist knobs.

Other than that, there is no easy way to lower the driver's seat.

Reply to
Ray O

I have a 2004 Camry, and, like you, love it except for the seats... After about 30 minutes it feels like there's a basketball just behind your knees on your upper legs. There's no way to lower the front of the seats enough to make this go away (and I DO have electric seats). I also have a 2002 Avalon and THOSE seats are nice and comfy... and ALMOST the same size... that's what makes it so annoying.

Steve Henderson

Reply to
Steve Henderson

Didn't you sit in the vehicle before you bought it ?

Reply to
Dana

The seat anchors are designed and built to some pretty stiff standards to prevent the seats' tearing loose in a collision. Tampering with them might buy you a very costly inch.

Brent

Reply to
Brent Secombe

I coulda sworn "Dana" typ'd:

Well, duh.

It was the BEST of the cars we test drove, and NONE of them had sufficient head room, basically because they all had sunroofs.

I thought maybe someone knew if it was possible to lower the seat and I found out the answer is no.

But thanks for playing . . . .

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

Best you can do is adjust the seat back angle so you aren't so upright.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I coulda sworn "Wolfgang" typ'd:

If that's the worst problem I have with this car, I'm a happy camper!

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

-Dana