2005 Camry tire ??

We just got back from driving a 2005 Camry with 6 year, 100,000 mile tires. The tires are Continental Touring Contact AS P205/65 R15 92T and I think they add about $500.00 to the cost, spare is full size. The sales lady said you have to have them rotated and balanced every 5,000 miles by Toyota at a cost of about $20 each time. That's about $400.00, and it seems to me if you buy good tires from a tire dealer they rotate and balance free. I don't see this as a good deal from Toyota, am I missing something? tnx

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

You can get those tires here for $50 each. I think you're getting snowed. I'd tell them you want the stock tire and save the grief.

Jim Jensen

Reply to
Jim Jensen

Other than the $500 initial cost and the $20 rotation cost, not much. ;)

mike hunt

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

Reply to
MevlinGibson

Get out of that dealer. They are trying to get in your wallet. I guarentee you Toyota has nothing to do with that scam, only that dealer. The Camry comes with fine tires that will probably go 50000 miles with the same treatment and if you buy that car you already have tires. That dealer should be ashamed , CROOKS

Reply to
zonie

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

I know most models of Toyota vehicles use Goodyear Integrity this day. These tires are not good. However, I heard Honda is using the same tires now.

Dealers always charge fee for tire rotation. Why do you take the cheap stocking tires and replace them at local Costco. They offer free tire balance, rotation and road hazard protection.

Reply to
John

My Matrix came with the same tires (different size) and they only went

25,000 miles, even with careful rotation, balancing etc. They're not worth any extra money, I would go with the "standard" tires, what kind were those?
Reply to
Mark

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik