2005 Corolla muffler shield

Large shield under muffler fell down at 44,000 miles. Is this a warranty fix or can I do this at home? The plastic fuel tank is close by. Ron

Reply to
ronbon

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Ron

Mine did that at 25k miles.. Myself, I just took a piece of coat hanger and hung back up myself. But mine only broke on one mount location. It was hanging kind of cockeyed.. I'm whacking mine all the time on brush and weeds when I'm up in the country, so I didn't sweat it too much. It gets whacked the worst when I'm backing up. It's kind of like a grass blade.. :/ If it's under warranty, might as well take it in if you want it as factory. I haven't look at mine in some time, but I don't think it's close enough to the fuel tank to do anything. It's mainly for not starting brush fires when you park the hot cat on top of grass. Almost all cars have had those since they started using cat's in 1975 or so..

Reply to
nm5k

The original muffler is covered by the basic bumper-to-bumper warranty, which IIRC, is 36 months or 36,000 miles. Use stainless steel bailing wire to hold it in place if a rivet broke.

Reply to
Ray O