2005 Prerunner modifications

I currently own the 2.7 L 4cyl RWD truck, and I was curious on what kind of modifications I could to to increase horsepower, load capacity, and tow rating?

Reply to
miliquet0ast

Sell it and get a 4X4 with the 3.4L V-6

Frankly, I don't really care for 4WD (except on a Tercel Wagon).

I had one of these little gems on the lot and once everyone saw it was RWD they quickly panned it. I thought it was a cool little truck.

Buy a 4WD that's been hit hard in the rear, swap the XFer case and the front axle and you got 4WD.

Now, as for your question, how much power are you looking for? 10-15HP, add a K&N or an IceMan intake and increase the size of the exhaust, either aftermarket, custom or TRD. If it is low, low miles, TRD makes a Supercharger for it (at a bolt-on price of only $1400). Camming it will get you more HP, but also change the tourque characteristics of the engine if you go too far. That's about $650 for parts alone.

Reply to
Hachiroku