2005 Toyota Highlander

Wifes Highlander Limited with digital heat control.

The knob to control the heat temperature is not working properly. Seems you have to pull the knob towards you to adjust the heat. Is it the potentiometer that is bad and can this be fixed without getting the complete control module.

How hard is this to remove this panel from the dash and check the solder joints on the switch. If i remove the knob I can see the switch but cant see any problems. I need to remove the complete control panel.

thanks

Reply to
Bob

I have a 2007 and turning the knob for the temp setting does not turn the climate control on when it has been off. It does change the temp level so that function of the knob is still OK. If I pressure the knob to the side when turning the temp setting knob, the climate control does come on. The climate control should turn on whenever either of the two knobs is turned provided the CC has been off, as originally designed.

Seems like a similar problem. I just tolerate it for now, but wonder what is wrong?

Good luck and if you find it before I do, please let me know what the problem is.

Reply to
uncle_vito