2006 Avalon - must get Limited Edition to get Seat memory - and no MP3 or AUX video yet...

I just looked at the 06 Avalon, and really like it, EXCEPT for these items...

1) To get the 2-memory driver seat, they're making you move up to the Limited model. (sticker at $38,000) 2) The Driver's seat does have the "extension" to make it as deep as my '02 Avalon, but the passenger side doesn't, and I don't think the Passenger side is as comfortable as my 02 as a result. 3) STILL no MP3 or AUX port (for Ipod) in 06 Avalon (although the 06 Camry DOES have it - go figure). 4) (This applies to the Camry, also)...I don't understand the NAV system. It's disk based, and they make a big deal out of the fact that the whole Continental US is on ONE disk, BUT, you have to change the setting to get from Missours to Illinois (for example). If it's all on one disk, why make us do that? Why doesn't it just pull that info up itself? For a business person in St. Louis, it wouldn't be fun when leaving from downtown STL to go across the river into IL to see a client, unless I'm mistaken about the operation.
Reply to
Steve Henderson

The disks probably have folders on them to keep them manageable.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Toy needs to do their homework. Nice looking car but with the defects and faults I'd stay away...

Reply to
Bob H

My non=disk Garmin sticktothewindshield doesn't use disks and includes all of US & PR etc. Toy is at fault for using a cheapo system to the detriment of user convenience. Shame on them.

Reply to
Bob H