2006 highlander ipod options ..

I am looking at getting a 2006 highlander (without 6 disk changer) and I am curious as to what ipod connection options are available.

I currently have a 98 camry and I am semi-happy with my monster icruze. It is not perfect, but is servicable. And from what I understand, it will not work in the 2006 highlander.

Thanks in advance, Eric

Reply to
asdf

Check the brochure or with the dealer (if their salesmen know anything about the cars, that is...most haven't got a CLUE...) if it has the Aux input installed. On some cars, there is what looks like a headphone jack in the console for plugging in iPods, XM, etc. But try not to confuse the poor salesperson, OK?

If not, google pie toyota input. They're available for about $80.

Reply to
Hachiroku

asdf a =E9crit :

Hi Eric, First of all, please excuse my english writing. I'd just bought a new 2007 Corolla and i bought tne =ABiPod Interface kit=BB by Toyota. When i receveid my vehicule i was to have a very bad surprise. They call this an =ABiPod interface=BB. I call it a radio interface. Let me explained. I have absoloutly no control over my iPod because the device hook to the radio take over my player. I'm no longer able to navigate and scrolled with my iPod. A firmware in the box take over and i have to pilot my iPod trough the radio. Plus, i have only six playlists available AND without any information than: CD

1 for Playlist =ABname=BB and Track x for tune =ABname=BB. The trick is, you have to go back to iTunes and create playlists called TOYOTA1 trough 5. The 6 is for all the content of your iPod.

This is dumb and near false representation. It is far away from what user called and interface. It's a farce for 300$ canadian dollars.

When i plugged my iPod i can't no longer have my interface and i have to punch number 1 to 5 (you have to remember what's in it).

If you want absolute usual control over your iPod in your car look at Dice Electronics. They have the product that i was thinking when i placed my ordrer at the dealership.

Please keep me posted.

Sylvain

Reply to
sylmacplante