2006 Highlander questions

Hi -

Looking to buy a new Highlander.

I've talked to the salespeople. They didn't seem to know much of anything unfortunately. I borrowed a friend's owner manual. And I'm still not sure.

Does the third row have latch compatible anchors for car seats? Is it a safe seat to haul kids in all the time?

MSRP on the Limited Highlander versus the Limited HYBRID Highlander is actually not that far apart. I think it's $34000/$38000 difference. Given that performance edge and the whole eco-thing of the hybrid engine, I might just opt for a hybrid. Does the extended warranty cover the batteries and the starter? Any other Toyota specific advice? Like a new Synergy technology soon to be unveiled? ;-)

Thanks.

Reply to
chaz

When you consider the "eco-thing" don't forget to factor in the issue of eventually disposing of the batteries and the other electronics in the HYBIRD.

Jack G

Reply to
Jack G

"Disposal is an additional issue. By its nature, a battery must be made of reactive chemicals; the more power density the battery offers, the more reactive the chemicals it contains. However, all discarded hybrid vehicles will be returned for proper recycling and disposal; dealers and mechanics are trained for this, and rigorous regulations are in effect. Virtually all automobile batteries in the U.S. are recycled, and the environmental effects of leachates from the small number of hybrid battery packs that are not recycled will be no worse than they are from ordinary automobile batteries. (The Prius battery pack is only a little larger than the starter battery.)"

Check on that disposal issue.

What other electronics are you referring to?

Reply to
chaz