2006 Rav4 Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

Hi,

I just traded my 05 Rav4 today for an 06 model. Anyways, I really like it except I absolutely HATE the Daytime Running Lights. I think that is the dumbest thing to drive around in the daytime with your lights on. Does anyone know how to disable these things? Specific instructions would be great.

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
cusack

I thought the headlight switches on newer vehicles had a DRL off position.

Reply to
Ray O

our 05 Avalon has DRL off position on switch. Would guess that's pretty standard now but don;t know for sure.

Other than that how is the 06? Did you get awd and v-6? I heard it is a rocket and pretty good.

Ron

Reply to
ron

Sure Chris...simple...with the engine off, remove either the pos or the neg battery lead. Now your DRL's won't come on.

If you need to go somewhere ask some responsible person for a lift...we don't need someone as irresponsible as you behind the wheel of an automobile.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Oh your a real dumbass....I mean smartass. How is that irresponsible for wanting to disable the DRL's??? If Daytime Lights were such a great thing then why doesn't EVERY car have them??? Secondly I would suggest you do a little research for yourself and see that they serve no purpose whatsoever. Go to

and read.

Gord Beaman wrote:

Reply to
cusack

Hi Ron,

No I bought the base 2wd 4 cylinder. I really wanted it to have more room and so far I love it. It has plenty of get up and go for me and you really wouldn't think it is a 4 cylinder either. As far as the DRL off position on the switch...there isn't one.

Reply to
cusack

If you get glare from DRL, you probably has bad eyes (ass).

DRL is different from headlight. Of course, I guess you never turn on your head light at dawn or dusk. Do not even mention when it is rainy or foggy. DRL is to create more visibility of yourself to make you safe. Now we know who is irresponsible.

Reply to
Sam

Cusack asked a legit. question on how to disconnect something.

Obviously some of you are angry individuals. Those that responded with hostility are ignorant to substantiated facts. While I have DRL's that doesn't mean I am opposed to answering Cusacks question if I had the answer. Sorry I don't. Talk about road rage in forums. Grow up people.

Becks

Reply to
gjp431

(top posting corrected)

You're quite young aren't you?...I can tell because the young think that they're invincible, and you do too, I can tell because you want to disable a safety feature on the say-so of some fly-by-night website.

Most do...

Oh, I have...now you should do the same, hell, it might even save your life sometime, seems a sure thing that you haven't a clue about their purpose doesn't it?...

Go to

and read.

See what I mean?...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

try doing a search - might be as simple as pulling a fuse

Ron

Reply to
ron

Reply to
cusack

I've seen solutions to disable the DRL's on other cars like Corollas, you can probably google Corolla DRL and come up with the solution. The solution involves cutting wires in one of the relays. If the part number for the Corolla and Rav4 DRL relay are the same, the solution probably works.

Reply to
Ray O