2006 Sienna LE: Where are the a/c outlets?

I have a 2006 Sienna LE. There's a reset button for the a/c outlets, and there's an a/c outlet icon that shows up on the console when starting the car.

I looked in the manual... but there are no outlets where the manual says there should be.

It would seem rather silly to have a reset button and the console indicator if there are no outlets. But, I've looked, and I don't see them. So, they must be behind some kind of cover or something... or they don't exist.

Where are they?

Reply to
Xxxxx

The A/C outlets come with LE Package 4 and 5. The ones that come with the DVD player. If you don't have this package, you don't have the outlets.

Look on your invoice. It should show all of the things in the option.

Or just go back to your dealer for an explanation.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I bought from CarMax... the car had 17K miles on it. So, the original invoice isn't an option, and, unlike a Toyota dealer, the Sienna is just another item on the shelf. The "dealer" knows even less than I do... which is pretty pitiful. ;-)

If it doesn't have A/C outlets... the why would it have the a) reset button, and b) the A/C outlet light on the console?

In other words... am I incorrect in assuming that "there must be a pony in there somewhere"? Or, does Toyota put the infrastructure there even when the feature is absent? I simply want to know if I should stop looking, or if it's simply a matter of my not having looked in the right place yet.

Reply to
Xxxxx

Please don't top post. Please post inline. It makes the conversation much easier to follow.

This is a van, not a car (sorry to be a pain about this, but it isn't a car).

You call this pitiful, but who bought the van without knowing the details?

Did the carfax report offer more info on the particular vehicle you bought?

Does it have a DVD player? Only models with a DVD player also have A/C outlets.

It is easier to put the reset button and A/C outlet let in all the vans than have some with them and some without. That way, they need one set of parts for all the vans, not four or five.

So, most likely, you got a van that doesn't have A/C outlets, but has indicators.

I would look here:

get out your insurance card (the one vehicle identification number), and ask them at the 800-number what package it has. I would also ask them if they can send along more info about the vehicle and a copy of the invoice. They should be able to just print it out. Also, ask for a maintainence history of the vehicle. you may have to send them proof that you own the vehicle, though.

I would think you could do the same thing at your local dealer.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

"Van" is subset of "car". Yes, it's a car.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Actually, in most states vans are registered as trucks. And they have different handling characteristics than cars. That's why Car and Driver gave one of it's Five Best *Trucks* Van Award to the '04 Sienna.

jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Toyota will not send a copy of the dealer invoice to a consumer, but you may be able to get a copy of the information printed on the Monroney Label (window sticker)

Reply to
Ray O

That's what I meant, the window sticker. Thanks.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

In other words, you don't know either. And, top posting is much easier, since it means the reader doesn't have to wade through a bunch of crap if they're familiar with what's already been said. In this case, I did indeed have to wade through a bunch of crap to discover that you're as ignorant as you are arrogant. And, it is indeed a car (short for the original word "carriage"), since that's how it's used.

I've exhausted other options and was seeking information from someone who ACTUALLY KNOWS the answer. Clearly, you don't. Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Xxxxx

The term "Car" when used to imply an automobile is defined as wheeled vehicle which carries it's own motor, constructed primarily for the transport of people instead of goods.

To which there is a subset of terms used to describe different types: Cabriolet, Coupé, Fastback, Hatchback, Liftback, Limousine, Minivan (MPV), Notchback, Roadster, Sedan, Sport utility vehicle, Spyder, Station wagon etc,

Reply to
Nick Bourne

One can use a tractor trailer or a bicycle or bus or subway train to take his kids to school, just like a car. That's doesn't make any of these a car. The vehicle is a van, which is in the truck class, period.

You can disagree with me. That doesn't mean I am arrogant or ignorant.

The reality of the matter is that the Toyota Sienna LE has five or so packages. Three of the packages have neither a DVD or A/C outlets.

Two of the packages have a DVD and A/C outlets.

Therefore, if your van has a DVD player, it should have A/C outlets. If it doesn't have DVD player, it shouldn't have A/C outlets.

I determined this by looking at the packages available for the Sienna at

You may find this a helpful site to figure exactly what package you have and what comes with it.

And has Ray so kindly corrected me, you should be able to get a copy of the window sticker (not invoice, as I originally said), from either Toyota or a dealer. That should say exactly what the options the van has.

Jeff

PS, I am glad I tried to help you. I will still try to help you and others.

Reply to
Jeff

The reason why I think it is important to keep trucks, including vans and SUVs separate from cars is that vans, most SUVs and trucks have different handling characteristics than cars. They have different designs and safety and fuel economy requirements (from government regulations) than cars.

That's why I keep them separate.

Of the ones listed above, all, IMHO, are cars, except minivans and SUVs and some MPVs.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Mmmmmmmm, no, not really on any count.

The Sienna/Odyssey ride and handle like cars. I suspect the ChryCo vans do as well.

If there's any different regulations, it's strictly politics. Honda/Toyota don't build their minivans to any lesser regulations than they build their cars.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" opin'd thus:

My '86 Dodge Caravan was a "truck", even though it was clearly for hauling people (7 seats, no waiting). What it did enable Dodge to do was have no headrests on the front seats. I always thought I should have been in an accident and gotten whiplash and then sued Dodge for not having headrests . . . THAT would have showed them!!

Reply to
Don Fearn