2006 toyota corolla windshield distortion

Just got a 2006 Toyota Corolla LE in early July. The windshield had large areas of waviness and a rippling distortion of objects could be seen when the car was moving and objects passed across the field of glass. It is somewhat less apparent just looking straight through the glass when the car is not moving. I had the glass replaced at an east coast dealer and the replacement was also distorted. Had to insist that the replacement be replaced, and the second replacement also has distortion! The dealer did not want to admit this, saying he couldn't see any problem, so I went to a dealer in another state, did not tell them of the prior history and just showed them the windshield. They agreed it was distorted and are going to replace it. But I also went to the Toyota new car lot and looked at Corolla windshields and they all seem to be distorted! This is not what I would expect from Toyota! Are they simply making distorted windhields? But then a friend drew my attention to a long newspaper article in the New York Times on August

5, Saturday, entitled "Repairing Some Dents in an Image: A Rise in Defects at Toyota Puts Its Image at Stake," about Toyota quality deteriorating and millions of recalls. Then an aquaintance in the automotive industry on the west coast took a look at new Corollas at dealerships in his area and reports the same finding: distorted windshields. My distorted windshield is giving me eyestrain and headaches in long distance driving. I believe this is a serious safety issue since vision is critical in driving. Anybody else out there having similar windshield problems? Is this a nationwide issue for Toyota windshield glass?
Reply to
jill

I think you're probably fixated on it, and making a big deal out of what 99% of others would see as a very insignificant issue.

jim menning

Reply to
jim menning

Buy a Ford Volvo!

Reply to
Roadrunner Newsgroup

I just found this older post reporting the exact same problem I discovered today on my way home with my new Corolla.

I think this user was unfairly accused of over reacting, because I was the same problem for myself.

snipped-for-privacy@swedish> Just got a 2006 Toyota Corolla LE in early July. The windshield had

Reply to
nash2042004

replying to jill, John wrote: I've same issue on my Auris 2015. Dealer replaced 4 windshields so far and it gets only worse. The most surprising thing in my case is that issue seems to get worse with time. Almost no issue is seen shorty after replacing the windshild and it gets worse with time and as more miles are driven. Talking with court expert, he suggested that there might be an issue with car body, that it "works" as car goes through bumps, etc. which then squeezez the windshield a bit and as result distortions appears.

Reply to
John