2007 Avalon radio removal

Threaded View

I want to remove the radio from my 2007 Avalon to install an IPOD
adapter.  Does the plastic panel that fits over the radio just snap in
and out?  Can I remove it by simply carefully prying in off to get
access to the screws that hold the radio?

Thanks

Re: 2007 Avalon radio removal

These instructions are for a 2005-2006 Avalon, but they should be the same
for 2006.  Follow steps 1 and 2 to get the trim off.
http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/MV-50-03-L-p25.pdf

Good luck!
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Re: 2007 Avalon radio removal

Thanks, Ray O - I'll give your instructions a crack at removing the trim
(hope not!).

Re: 2007 Avalon radio removal

You're welcome and good luck!
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Re: 2007 Avalon radio removal

Good advice from Ray O (as usual) but please be gentle with it.   I had to
pull the radio from my 2003 Avalon a while back, and it scared me silly,
thinking that I could bugger it up if I were ham-handed with it.   I  was
careful and it worked out all right, but I felt as if I were holding my
breath the whole time, not a fun feeling.

Re: 2007 Avalon radio removal

The directions suggest the use of a hook removal tool, but fingernails, a
putty knife, or trim removal tools also work well.  It seems like the trim
piece is fragile, but I've never broken one so they must be fairly flexible.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Re: 2007 Avalon radio removal

You could try that, but I would take it to somebody that knows how to remove
the cover, if it where my car, rather then brake something.   ;)

mike

Site Timeline