2007 Avalon radio removal

I want to remove the radio from my 2007 Avalon to install an IPOD adapter. Does the plastic panel that fits over the radio just snap in and out? Can I remove it by simply carefully prying in off to get access to the screws that hold the radio?

Thanks

These instructions are for a 2005-2006 Avalon, but they should be the same for 2006. Follow steps 1 and 2 to get the trim off. http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/MV-50-03-L-p25.pdf

Good luck!

--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Thanks, Ray O - I'll give your instructions a crack at removing the trim (hope not!).

Ray O wrote:

You're welcome and good luck!

--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Good advice from Ray O (as usual) but please be gentle with it. I had to pull the radio from my 2003 Avalon a while back, and it scared me silly, thinking that I could bugger it up if I were ham-handed with it. I was careful and it worked out all right, but I felt as if I were holding my breath the whole time, not a fun feeling.

The directions suggest the use of a hook removal tool, but fingernails, a putty knife, or trim removal tools also work well. It seems like the trim piece is fragile, but I've never broken one so they must be fairly flexible.

--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

You could try that, but I would take it to somebody that knows how to remove the cover, if it where my car, rather then brake something. ;)

mike

Nothing found yet