2008 avalon Body Side Molding

We bought a 2008 Avalon in mid December and at that time the dealer said there was a problem with the manufacturer of the body side molding (Problem with the glue). Dealer said it would be corrected in a few weeks.

Have been checking every few weeks and so far they do not have it in stock or expect it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks.

Phil B.

Reply to
Phil

are you saying that your side molding are not installed because of a glue problem?

Reply to
BigJim

I don't think that the Avalon has a side body molding strip.

Reply to
user

"Phil" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

For a car that's still in production, the lion's share of any parts produced are reserved for the assembly plant.

"Service" parts (what you need) take a back seat to production until production is taken care of.

Be patient. You'll eventually get your parts.

I remember once in the mid-'80s my boss purchased a then brand-new Mercury Sable station wagon. At the time, tailgate lip moldings were unobtainable due to a supplier-caused glitch. Cars were shipped without that molding. The dealer was instructed to temporarily install Ford Taurus moldings until the corrected Sable ones came in (Ford ones were the same except they lacked the "Sable" name). My boss waited close to a year, as I recall.

Reply to
Tegger

The body side moldings are a dealer installed accessory; the car doesn't come from the factory with body side moldings. Check with the dealer parts department instead of the sales department for more up-to-date information on when the accessory will be available. The accessory is probably supplied by a third party, and I would be patient if Toyota is not releasing it for sale. I would prefer something that will last later than something that will fall off now.

Reply to
Ray O