2008 Camry rattle

My wife's 2008 Camry hybrid is a great car. Real world gas mileage is 34.5 mpg in all driving, city and highway, over first 3k miles.

But there is one annoying rattle from central dashboard vents.

Only occurs when air flowing thru dashboard vents. Unheard when air going thru footwell vents. So basically it seems that the air going thru the center dashboard vents is making the ductwork vibrate against underside of dashboard. If I press down on dashboard directly above vents, the rattle is eliminated.

I was wondering if anyone had had this problem and whether they were able to get it fixed right at the dealer.

Reply to
Art

I would just take it to the dealer, whether or not people here have a similar problem.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Art has dashboard rattle syndrome.

Reply to
dbu

Hey, is this Chrysler Art?

Reply to
Hachiroku

How's that Avalon holdiing up?

Reply to
badgolferman

Dealers have NVH kits for those conditions, basically adhesive-backed foam.

Reply to
Ray O

We gave the 300M to my in-laws a couple of years ago. Still going strong and they love it. The Avalon was traded. I didn't want to personnally stick someone with the piece of crap car in a private sale.

The difference between the 2001 Avalon and 2008 is like night and day.

Reply to
Art

It was traded a couple of years ago.

Reply to