2009 Corolla - can satellite antenna be used for GPS ?

I have a 2009 Corolla LE (Canadian version) that has the satellite antenna already on the car. I have a standard AM/FM/CD in the dash.

I was wondering if a Garmin 360 (using the external antenna plug in) can be "tied into" the existing satellite antenna on the roof ?

If so, do I need any extra parts ? or a cable extension ? in order to use it for my GPS?

Thanks

Reply to
Froad

I am pretty sure that the short flexible antenna on the roof is a standard AM/FM antenna and not a satellite antenna. If you are willing to experiment, get an RCA jack splitter, unplug the antenna lead from the back of the radio, install the splitter, and run the new lead to your GPS. You will probably need some kind of adapter from coax to whatever the input for the GPS is.

Reply to
Ray O

That will depend on the antenna installed. Some better ones are GPS/ Satellite radio combo. Maybe yours isn't.

Reply to
johngdole