2012 RAV4 Extension cord access

I just got my RAV4 last week and was trying to find a way to plug in my Battery Tender Plus charger under the hood.

On my 07 Corolla, there was a very large opening between the front grille and the radiator to easily reach an extension cord through so I could plug in both my block heater and battery charger under the hood.

On the new RAV4 the block heater plug is fished through a small opening near the bottom of the front grill. This not a great place for the plug in the winter because it gets coated with dirt and salt in a hurry. As mentioned, I prefer to lead an extension cord under the hood and plug everything in within engine compartment.

Has anyone found an easy way to feed block heater extension cord through to the engine compartment, other than leaving the hood ajar?

Thanks!

Reply to
homepc