2015 corolla s plus

why is it that ac lights up on auto climate control ,i set it at 78% for heat ,not sure if ac is actually running or not ,but light does come on.Is this normal??

Reply to
pacca

you might ask a dealer, since it's 2015

marc

Reply to
marco
78% for > heat ,not sure if ac is actually running or not ,but light does come on.Is > this normal??

I think that the A/C light on only to indicate the Auto climate system is on, but it that it mean the compressor is also turned on.

Reply to
bravetony

The system will run the compressor in defrost modes, even if the stat is set for heat. So if the light is on, it must think it needs some defrost/defog. Or maybe they run in a defrost mode all the time with the automatic systems.. Not sure. Mine is not automatic. But I know if I dial to defrost, even with the stat turned to full heat, the compressor runs. Anyway, I'd consider it most likely normal. The purpose is to keep the glass clear.

Reply to
nm5k