3rd Row Seats for 4Runner

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2008 4Runner - base model, and was wondering if anyone has tried adding the third row seat. Is this even possible or is this something that is available only from the factory on certain 4Runners?

Does anyone have any comments?

-Joe.

Reply to
Joe

Have you thought about asking the Toyota dealer you bought it from this question?

Reply to
mack

Adding the third row seat is a fairly expensive proposition. The seat assembly (if they even come in an assembly and not as individual parts - frames, latches, hinges, springs, upholstery, etc) and seat belts will probably cost over $2,000, and replacing the middle seat with one that folds forward will probably cost another $1,500. It would have been less expensive to get a vehicle with the third row seats installed at the factory.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks for the response, Ray.

Getting the 4Runner with the third row seat was my first choice, but, they didn't have any at the dealership. The guys said they are very rare.

-Joe.

Reply to
Joe

Yes, I did. I just don't believe everything they tell me. This forum seems a lot more credible to me.

Thanks.

-Joe.

Reply to
Joe

They couldn't order it in?

I have a "rare" loaded TRD Off road 4x4 Tacoma, with a stick shift (the rare part), that nobody had in stock. Six weeks later, it was all mine. Exactly like I wanted it, in my choice of color.

If I can't get a new car exactly like I want, I might as well save the "new depreciation" cash and buy a used car.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

You're welcome! The other thing I didn't mention is that the 3rd row seating in the 4Runner is very tight, with very little leg room. I guess I'm spoiled by the 3rd row seats in our Sequoia, which are more comfortable and roomy than many minivans.

Reply to
Ray O