86n Toyota Pickup Fuel Pump

OK! Posted this in toyota.trucks with no answer. Thought I'd ask here next! ZaXXoN

Hey! I'm going to replace an in tank pump with an in line pump and regulator. Do i have to remove the in tank pump and make a new fuel pickup? The pickup is an 86 22R-TE turbo 4x4. ZaXXoN

Reply to
ZaXXoN

OK, I'll give it a shot.

Are you going to try sucking fuel through the fuel line with the in-line pump, attaching to the lines that are there? If you are, then you're going to be sucking fuel through a de-energized pump. I would think this would make your new pump work all the harder.

What I would do would be to remove tha actual pump itself, do an 'arterial transplant' by putting a piece of fuel line where the pump was, and use the original pickup. This should do the trick...

Reply to
Hachiroku

here's a thought.

If the original pump still works and you just want more flow, why not just run the second pump in-line. a efi pump will flow heaps without

40+psi head on it so it will be able to supply the second pump without a problem. Also then you could run a surge tank to get rid of any starvation problems.
Reply to
Nick Bourne

Reply to
ZaXXoN