90 Celica hard to start, clicks 4-5 times then turns over, battery good

My 90 Celica is getting hard to start. In the morning it takes me at least

4-5 "clicks" then a few clicks and a "I want to turn over" before it finally turns over like it should, nice and strong. I had the battery checked and it's good. Tomorrow I'm going to loosen everything connected to the battery and retighten them hoping it's just a bad connection. If this doesn't work, any suggestions?

Thank you for any help you can offer...

Don

Reply to
User

"User" floridly penned in news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Starter contacts, I'll bet. Standard Toyota problem.

The dealer sells a "stud kit" to fix this.

Reply to
TeGGer®

Yep...what he said...

Reply to