92 tercel a/c question

I have a 92 tercel dx, and the a/c stopped working. I pulled the right hand kick panel for the fuse, but need a little more direction for location. Is it stored in one of the "holes" behind the panel? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
phil11

I don't remember. If you get no answer here, odds are your local library has a Haynes or Chilton for that model with the information.

Reply to
timbirr

Thanks. I will check into that as well.

Reply to
phil11

You did not mention whether you have a right hand drive or left hand drive Tercel.

The fuse for the AC (if there is one) will be either in the fuse box under the driver's side of the dash board or under the hood. The AC system probably has a circuit breaker instead of a fuse.

Does the compressor engage when you turn on the AC? If the refrigerant has leaked out of the system, then the compressor will not engage. If the compressor engages, look for a round sight glass on the receiver/drier mounted in front of the radiator and condenser. If you see foam in the sight glass, then you need a refrigerant recharge.

Reply to
Ray O

Sorry. left hand drive, US model.

Reply to