92 toyota corolla head gasket

i am about to do a head gasket on a 92 toyota corolla 4wd i need the tourque and sequience for tthe head bolts

thank you for your help

Reply to
lee_d_harding

I don't know the specs because I don't know what engine you have. But your best bet is to run down to O'Reilly's or Autozone and pick up a Hayne's manual for $15.00. It's got other specs in it that will come in handy. A Factory Service Manual would obviously be better but it's not something you can "run down and pick up" for cheap anywhere today. Amelia

Reply to
Amelia

If this link does not work:

then go to
and navigate through the vehicle repair information link to add a 1992 Corolla All-trac, go to the engine section and engine overhaul section, then go to cylinder head for the sequence to tighten them over several passes to a final torque of 44 Ft-lbs.

Reply to
Ray O

And, being a cheapskate, I have found that our local library has all the reference materials I need to see (rather than buying the book). Unless your car is a Peugeot or a Yugo, that is.

Reply to
mack

I like Peugeots. The 504 was a great car, until they stopped making them last year.

There is talk of Peugeot returning to the US market. I hope they do a better job marketing the cars this time.

jeff

Reply to
Jeff

...and make a better car than the Renault Dauphine I had while in the service back in 1963..

Mine was white.

Scott in Florida

I had an '83 Peugeot that I liked a lot, and in some ways it was built like a tank. The leather front seats had an underpinning that might have come out of a jet fighter, but other things, namely the French plastic parts, weren't worth a hoot, since they baked in the Calif. sun. As for Scott and his one-time Dauphine, yes, they were horrid little cars, and deathtraps, since they tended to roll over easily. I knew a fellow long ago who had a Dauphine roll on him away from home, and when his physical kinks were better the following day, he found out where they had towed it, and went to go see it and remove his luggage. He went to the towing yard and asked for the Dauphine. The owner asked "which one?" He said "the yellow one." The guy then asked "which yellow one?" The yard currently held four Dauphines, all rollovers.

Reply to
mack

I'd like to see Peugeot come back, but they'll have a rough time making sales because of all the Japanese and Korean cars that are better known. I had a Renault 5 (Le Car) for a few years, and rebuilt it from a front end wreck. A delightful little car, less than 12 feet long, and was sort of unique, because the wheelbase on one side was longer than on the other side....seems the suspension rods underneath which ran crosswise mandated that the one rear wheel was slightly ahead of the other wheel. It was cheaply built, and cheap to buy, but for its tiny size, it rode like a limo - I've never had a car that went over railroad tracks as smoothly.

Reply to
mack

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:46:14 -0700, "mack" >

Glad to hear your LeCar experience didn't mimic my father-in-law's.

The LeCar is a family joke, due to all the ridiculous issues he had with his.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

LOL....

I never knew about the 'roll over' problem.

Mine never ran fast enough to do it, I guess (that is if I could get it to run at all....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The ONE thing you can say about French cars....is they are comfortable.

Reply to
Scott in Florida