92 toyota tercel makes poping noise when accelerating

My 92 toyota tercel makes poping noise when accelerating It is a new problem that just happend. What could be makeing this noise. I just had the timeing adjusted along with new belts. Could this have anything to do with it? It also bogs down very low and sounds like it is going to shut off untill gas is given. Please somebody help me!!!

Reply to
topgamer_1

Incorrect ignition timing can cause those symptoms. Since you just had the timing adjusted, that is the first thing I would check. Take it back to whoever did the work and have them re-check it.

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

"topgamer_1" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos .com:

Burnt valve.......head needs to be pulled. common problem w\ this rig

Reply to
doncee