93 Celica GT radio wiring diagram

Recently bought a 93 Celica convertible. The radio had been replaced with a decent Pioneer unit (the original radio was in the trunk) but they only connected the dash and rear seat speakers. It appears there are 2 speakers in each front door, a large one at the bottom and a tweeter up high. I'm thinking that the door speakers might sound better than the dash speakers. Before I pull the radio to see what's left of the original harness is there an accessible copy of that part of the wiring or at least a list of the color codes for the radio?

Reply to
Jerry

I don't know the URL; there's a web site called, I believe, InstallDR. They have a lot of info. A call to your local Toyota service will probably get you a print-out, and a lot of car audio only stores have access to that info!

Reply to
hachiroku

It appears the seller did not wish to include the amplifier driving those speakers on the sales. Shine a light under the seats and look for the telltale sign of a retangle on the carpet.

Reply to
bobb

Reply to
Steve

Yes, the system 10! Has a 220 watt amplifier. Hopefully, the amp is still there!

Reply to
Liberals=Angry Losers!

This is getting interesting. I found the 220W amp under the passenger seat. I also found a Motorola cell phone car kit amp under the driver's seat (goes with the windshield mounted antenna and handsfree mic). Now to check the web sites mentioned above to figure out the wiring.

Reply to
Jerry

In thinking this over (dangerous I know ;^) ) is it possible that the amp isn't working (maybe not being properly powered up by the Pioneer) and therefore only the dash and rear speakers work? What happens when the amp is working? Are all 8 speakers used or just the door ones?

Reply to
Jerry

I suspect the aftermarket stereo, they wired around it. If you need a wiring diagram, reply and I'll send you one. Be kinda cool to have the fully functioning system. It booms pretty nice too! It can be wired with an aftermarket system, but most shops have no clue ot the wiring and bypass it. Usually if they repalce the stock radio

Reply to
Liberals=Angry Losers!

I'd like a wiring diagram that covers it. All I've found so far is for the standard 4 speaker stereos.

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry, let me see if I can post it to a page with a link. It will be in "pdf"

Reply to
Liberals=Angry Losers!

A pdf is fine. Thanks.

Reply to
Jerry

"Liberals=Angry Losers!" wrote: > Jerry wrote: > > > > I'd like a wiring diagram that covers it. All I've found so > far is for > > the standard 4 speaker stereos. > > Jerry, let me see if I can post it to a page with a link. It > will be in > "pdf" > > > -- > > > > > > > The Second Amendment Is Americas "Original" Homeland Security!

Oh I need one too!

Reply to
nekromantik415

Jerry, here it is at:

but it will require a Yahoo membership. But you can cancel it afterwards or stick around. Its a Toyota exclusive group and you may like it. Its for the 1990 Celica, but wiring is identical.

Reply to
No one here

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry, the group is at:

in, click on the "files" link on the left, then go to "Toyota" and then "wiring diagrams" and once in there, you'll see it. I tried the link and it worked perfectly, but it may not for you unless your a member. So check in and get your wiring diagram.

Reply to
No one here

I submitted to join the group. Just to wait for approval. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Jerry

Got my approval and found / printed the file. Thanks.

Reply to
Jerry

"No one here" wrote: > Jerry wrote: > > > > I get a document not found error. What Toyota group is it? > > Jerry, the group is at: > >

> > Once in, click on the "files" link on the left, then go to > "Toyota" and > then "wiring diagrams" and once in there, you'll see it. > > I tried the link and it worked perfectly, but it may not for > you unless > your a member. So check in and get your wiring diagram.

i just recently had this problem, i bought the same car and the stock radio didnt work. anways i went to a car audio shop and got all the information, it turns out that there is an amp in the dash of the car which powers the speakers in the doors. Metra just came out with a wiring harness that plugs into the stock amp so you can use it with the speakers in the doors but you have to have a half decent head unit to be able to use it because it has to have RCA outs.

Reply to
karabinian