'93 Corolla valves?

I have the '93 Corolla wagon. Should the valves be adjusted every so often on this car or are they self adjusting or something?

Reply to
Mama Bear

Toyota generally specifies adjustment every 30,000 miles for their engines with rocker arms (SOHC), 60,000 for engines without them (DOHC, shim disks changed to make adjustments).

Anybody: Why does Toyota specify a 60K adjustment interval for their DOHC engines while Nissan gives no adjustment interval for theirs? Nissan mechanics say it's safe to go 100K without adjustment, and three local dealers talked me out of even getting the valve clearances inspected at my expense.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

As I recall, the manual says every 60K miles.

My 92 has 206,000 on it and has not had them adjusted.

One of these days I'll take a look at them.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

My 93 had 230,000 miles and they were never adjusted, either. No one knew how.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

I believe that the factory recommended interval is every 60,000 miles, unless you start hearing clacking noises, I wouldn't bother.

Reply to
Ray O