'93 Paseo low fuel pressure problem

I cannot locate a service or repair manual for my '93 Paseo before I have to go back to work. Anyone have any info that covers the fuel delivery system. I have replaced the fuel filter.. low presure from the tank.

Reply to
Rick0

Check this website out. They might have what you need. Good luck.

B.J. at

shuna

Thanks for the info, I have ordered a service ,manual already. I was hpoing for a pdf file etc.. to make the necessary tests, apparently these books are not commonly sold in retail establishments.

Reply to
Rick0

How do you know there is low pressure from the tank? Did you install a fuel pressure gauge? Was the pressure over 40 PSI? What is the pressure when the engine is running? What is the pressure after is it parked overnight? Have you checked the screen on the fuel pickup in the tank? Have you checked the spray pattern on the injectors?

Reply to
Ray O

I was on my way to work, driving approxmately 60mph when I started losing power. The engine stalled. I disconnected the fuel line from the fuel rod, I truned the key on and there was little fuel comming in . I replaced the fuel filter, once this was completed the car would not start. My hope is that it is not the fuel pump, they are expensive and I would think not easy to install. My hope on getting tje info was to see if there ara others who have shared an issue lie this. Please ket me know if

Reply to
Rick0

I think a fuel rod is a component in a nuclear reactor.

The fuel rail distributes fuel to fuel injectors. Is your Paseo fuel injected?

A low or nonexistent volume of fuel is not necessarily indicative of low fuel pressure. It could have sufficient pressure but insufficient volume.

Check for power at the fuel pump.

Reply to
Ray O

This does sound like a fuel pump problem. I see your point to eliminate other possibilities though.

To RickO: Does it run fine when cold but then weakens later on?

Reply to
Viperkiller

($10/day $50/mo $350/yr last time I checked)

Reply to
Bo Yancey