93 Toyota Corolla No Start....

All, I did something stupid and not sure how to proceed.

I have a 1993 Toyota Corolla,Automatic that has run fine for 3 yrs up to this morning. Here is what I did, I power washed the engine compartment due to oil\grime build up. The engine started fine after washing and I went for a drive to "dry" things up. I got about 3 miles away from home and it just died. I mean cut out no warning. It will not restart. I have gas going to cylinders but no spark. I pulled cap and air (compressor air) dried it and all the wire ends. There was no water in it that I could see in the first place. Everything looks dry.

Any ideas why no spark.

Currently the vehicles hood is open and drying in the hot Ohio sun.

I know there is a ignition module and a coil present that could be a problem but I am looking for the simpler solution before I go replacing parts.

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Solomon_Man

you probably got water inside of something that shouldn't have water in it.

Thanks. This is the main reason why I don't power wash my engine. Plus, I don't go for those engine shampoos? Do they come with engine cream rinse?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Check for voltage to the coil. You may have shorted in the wiring harness somewhere (between wires in the bundle). Try using the compressed air again along any harnesses you can see. If you have original secondary ignition parts on the car you may want to consider replacing them. You never know with a fourteen year old car. Good luck.

Reply to
user