95 Avalon burning rubber/plastic from hot air inflow vent

This few weeks everyday I notice there is a burning rubber/plastic smell coming from the hot air inflow vent going into the car whenever I stop the car. This happen in the morning when I start the car and run it for about twenty minutes and at a stop. The smell goes away when the car is running again. Later the smell is gone.

I opened the hood several times trying to find out where the smell come from but I could not smell anything wrong under the hood.

Anyone know what I should check next?

Reply to
EC

If the blower fan eventually only runs on high speed, then the resistors for the blower have burned out.

Reply to
Ray O