'95 Corolla Antenna

Can anyone explain what I have to take apart to connect my new mast antenna to the radio connector? I can see that the connector attaches to the radio, runs over the speedometer assembly and rests behind and slightly below the driver's side dash vent. How do I get to the cable that's attached to the new antenna inside the pillar? All replies appreciated! Thanks!

MW

Reply to
Mike

Look up on the roof of the car. Remove the two Phillips-head screws. Detach the antenna, pull out the cable and unplug it. Installation is the reverse of removal.

Reply to
Truckdude

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you attaching a MAST or installing a new ANTENNA? If you are just attaching a MAST, then unscrew the old one and screw in the new one. If you are installing an entirely new ANTENNA, then what you want to do is disconnect the antenna from the radio. Now, if you have one that mounts on the pillar or is INSIDE the pillar, undo the screws and start to pull the antenna out. STOP!!! with about 4" or so, clip the old lead as close to the antenna as possible. (This is assuming the antenna is toast and you're going to throw it away.)

With some electrical tape (preferred) or Duct tape, 'splice' the two leads together, lining up the plug from the NEW antenna to the wire you just clipped, and wrap together with tape. Should look something like this before you add the tape: _._

Now, GENTLY!!!! from inside the car, pull the old antenna wire into the car. It will snag but will come through.

Screw in the new antenna and run the wire to the radio.

Reply to
Hachiroku