95 Corolla grinding sound in wheel well when turning right

Hello all!

I have a 95 Corolla and when I am moving and turn the wheel to the extreme right, there is a muffled grinding sound coming from the front passenger side wheel well. It doesn't happen when turning to the extreme left. Any idea what this could be? Could it be the bearings are worn out, and how much would I expect to pay for labor and parts to repair? Thank you to anyone who can offer insight into this.

Jon from Ohio

Reply to
jonrohio

Always check steering fluid reservour first.

Reply to
bobb

Reply to
Fantom

Why?

Reply to
Fantom

A wheel bearing will also tend to make noise more in one direction than another when the wheel is turned, not just at its limits.

Reply to
Ray O

CarQuest and other Aftermarkets have rebuilt CV joints that work well for a fraction of the price of a Toy CV joint. BUT expect 15-30,000 miles LESS out of a rebuilt!! They are also usually VERY easy to replace, so if the OP can spin a spanner or has a friend who can, replacemnt should only take

20-40 minutes on a Saturday afternoon!

And you spelled TIRE tyre! Is that for the benefit of our NZ poster??? ;)

Reply to
hachiroku

Almost definetely CV joints, especially if it's a "clickclickclick" sound. A constant grinding, though, is bearings most of the time.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander