95 corolla overheating

I have a 95 Corolla wit h the 1.8L engine. The head gasket recntly blew and was replaced. Now the car is having a weird overheating problem. If I let it idle in the driveway it doen't show any signs of getting hot, but as soon as I try to drive it the check engine light comes on and it overheats very fast even though the temperature gauge reads normal. I replaced the themostat and flushed the cooling system. Now where to look?

Reply to
KAt

Check the electric cooling fans to make sure they come on, also check to make sure the thermostat works and was installed properly and check the radiator cap to make sure it holds pressure properly.

Reply to
Ray O