98 Camry and Blue Book Value Observation

Clunking struts will cost you $500-1200 to replace (strut, seat and dust boots installed with alignment). Timing chain needs to be replaced

60-75k --- cost $200.
Reply to
Wolfgang

I'm in the market for another car and am considering a Camry. (I'm also considering Prizms, Civics, and a few Nissans) Ive noticed a couple of things around my area with regards to Toyotas.

  1. Most of the cars offered for sale are over 100,000 (but I found a 98 with 74,000)
  2. Most of them are offered for sale at about 0 above the 'excellent' blue book rating, whereas other cars are generally closer to the range.

Is this normal and expected, or has KBB factored everything into the resale value, including reputation and reliability?

Finally, any "gotchas" I should look for when buying a Camry of this model year or similar? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Seeker

Seeker, I suggest take a close inspection. Do not mind spending around 40 - 60 dollars for a closer inspection. I have a 1993 Camry and I am quite satisfied with it.

The key things are

- Tires

- Transmission

- Stereo

- Belts

Thats just my personal opinion.

Hope you have a good buy.

Cheers, Abee

Reply to
Abee

That would be a timing belt, wouldn't it?

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Reply to
Wolfgang

Anyone care to comment on the KBB value question?

Reply to
Seeker

NADA, the place to find the current most accurate used car vales, lists a

4cy Camry LE with 100K on the clock at $5,600 low retail to $6,800 high retail. A V6 Camry LE with 100K on the clock at $6,300 low retail to $7,600 high retail. One with 75K would be worth 1,000 more

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter