98 Corolla Starter removal ????

My daughters dropping off her 98 Corolla for a starter contact rebuild. (if we can find the part) this weekend. Lucky me...

I have plenty of socket extensions and flexable joints to get at the bolts. If I remember its under the exhastmanifold??? Pretty tight...

My question is, can these starters be removed without removing other parts or is it futile without removing something else first???

Thanks for any advice, I had other plans for the weekend and I'm hoping this goes well (quick)

Steve

Reply to
steve

I'm not familiar with that particular model, but I know on a lot of the newer Camrys and I think the Matrix the starter motor is right on top of the tranny, right there in plain view (imagine, Toyota making something EASY to get to...I usually burn my arm on the exhaust manifold changing my oil filter!).

Reply to
hachiroku