99 Sienna ECU location... Anyone?

Please, I'm begging....

Where is the ECU in a 99 Sienna? Please?

-Michael

Reply to
Chirogryro

Generally, behind the glove box. But sometimes behind pass. side kick panel.

Why, what are you gonna do with it?

Reply to
Hachiroku

The instructions for programming a new remote control say that I need to press a button on the side of the ECU .... Is this not the case?

-Michael

Reply to
Chirogryro

The Sienna (as do most modern vehicles) has multiple ECU's - engine, transmission, supplemental restraint system (airbags), sunroof, antilock brakes/traction control/stability control, cruise control, climate control, and theft deterrent/keyless entry system.

The theft deterrent/keyless entry ECU should be under one of the front seats.

Reply to
Ray O

Ray:

I saw some bit about programming a remote that involved several contortions of ignition key switching, lock toggling and door opening that did not use the button on the side of the ECU. I tried it but it did not respond the way the instructions said they should.

Is there a way of programming a remote in a 99 (with the RX3000 or something close to that) which does not involve the ECU?

Thanx,

Michael

Reply to
Chirogryro

Not that I am aware of. Look for the theft deterrent system ECU under one of the front seats.

Reply to
Ray O

Ok... So I looked under the front seats... Each underseat area contains a component of the rear cooling system.

I looked behind the kick panel on the passenger side... Nuthin'.

There *is* a box under the dash on the passenger side called 'Engine Control', but I didn't find the button there that is described in the directions for the security system.

Any other pointers? Anyone? PLEASE?!

-michael remoteless

Reply to
Chirogryro

Do you have the factory system, a RS3200 system or some other port or dealer installed system?

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

What "component" are you describing? The only components of the rear cooling system under the front seats are some narrow air ducts. If there is a black or silver box under the seats with wires running to it, that is probably the ECU you are looking for.

The ECU for the keyless entry system may be located elsewhere on the Sienna but on every other Toyota I've looked at, it has been under one of the front seats unless it has a factory installed one.

That is the engine control ECU. There will not be any button on it.

Reply to
Ray O