99 Sienna need Premium Gas?

A friend is looking to buy a 99 Sienna, and says he was told that it requires premium. I have a 2000 Sienna, and have always used regular. I believe that the engine is the same.

Reply to
WingNut

I have a '99 Sienna and have used regular gas since I bought it new. It has more than 100K miles and there are no major problems so far.

I have tried premium gas a few time and never found any difference in performance.

Reply to
Roy

Now familiar with the Sienna, per se, but if it is like other Toyotas, premium gasoline (91 octane) is recommended (for max performance under load), but only regular (87 octane) is required.

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

Did you try going up the same mountain with a tank of both? LOL

mike hunt

Roy wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Like what other Toyotas? I've had a few and have never seen that recommendation.

Pat

Reply to
Greywolf