'99 Toyota Corolla engine knocking

I have a 1999 Toyota Corolla LE with about 77,000 miles on it and noticed today a soft knocking sound coming from under the hood. This sound wasn't present when I started up the car yesterday. The sound is like a steady tapping that's only noticeable when the car is in park. I can't hear it at all when I'm driving, and have noticed no handling changes. I'm not sure what this problem could be. I recently got an oil change and have been using the air conditioner on high everyday, I'm not sure if these could be factors. Anybody have any thoughts on what this could be?

Reply to
ljcooper

Sounds are very difficult to identify without actually hearing them. There are several possible sources, some are trouble, some are not. First, check the oil level to make sure it is full. If it is not, have the place that changed your oil take care of it. If the oil level is correct, then have a competent technician listen to it because everything you get here will only be wild speculation.

Reply to
Ray O