ABS light on my toyota camry is always on

My 93 toyota carmry light is always on. I know this is a problem after reading the repair manual and some forums but we lack mechanics with the hand tester and am wondering how I should go about fixing it. The mechanics here have to be directed when it come to cases like this. thanks

Reply to
coolmanlg

Your technician or you can go to techinfo.toyota.com and for $10/day, get access to factory service manuals for your car (assuming you are in the U.S.).

A Chilton's or Motors manual may also have the information on pulling trouble codes. Your local library should have the Motors manuals.

Besides pulling diagnostic trouble codes, you will need the section on diagnosing the particular component system identified by the trouble code.

The most common ABS trouble code seems to be a speed sensor, which is easy to replace.

I would not give you mechanic specific instructions on what to replace or check. I'd bet that any competent technician has access to either online or hard-copy manuals and can easily pull the trouble codes.

Reply to
Ray O