AC blinking light

Since the last time I took my 2004 Highlander to the dealer for a oil change the ac light started blinking till I pressed off a on again, it happened three times so far this summer. Can anyone give any ideas as what is wrong?

snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net wrote:

With my Camry, the dealer told me that the sensor is no good. I'll find out for sure after it is fixed. In my car, when that light blinks, the A/C air comes out warm.

Morton

snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net wrote:

My understanding is that when the AC light is blinking it is because the freon is low or the compressor is acting up.

There is a speed sensor on the compressor, and the AC computer compares the compressor RPM with engine RPM. If the difference is too great, like if the belt slips after driving through a deep puddle, the system will disengage the compressor and set the light to blinking. Turning the AC off and then back on resets the system.

Another possible cause, and the one I think is likely on your car, is a bad AC magnetic clutch relay. Technical Service Bulletin EL011-05, titled "A/C Light Flashing - Magnetic Clutch Relay" covers this condition on, among other vehicles, the 2004 Highlander.

--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Thanks to everyone, but especially Ray O

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 01:03:48 -0500, "Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote:

You're welcome!