AC blinking light

Threaded View

Since the last time I took my 2004 Highlander to the dealer for a oil
change the ac light started blinking till I pressed off a  on again,
it happened three times so far this summer. Can anyone give any ideas
as what is wrong?

Re: AC blinking light

With my Camry, the dealer told me that the sensor is no good. I'll find
out for sure after it is fixed. In my car, when that light blinks, the
A/C air comes out warm.

Morton

Re: AC blinking light

My understanding is that when the AC light is blinking it is because
the freon is low or the compressor is acting up.

Re: AC blinking light

There is a speed sensor on the compressor, and the AC computer compares the
compressor RPM with engine RPM.  If the difference is too great, like if the
belt slips after driving through a deep puddle, the system will disengage
the compressor and set the light to blinking.  Turning the AC off and then
back on resets the system.

Another possible cause, and the one I think is likely on your car, is a bad
AC magnetic clutch relay.  Technical Service Bulletin EL011-05, titled "A/C
Light Flashing - Magnetic Clutch Relay" covers this condition on, among
other vehicles, the 2004 Highlander.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Re: AC blinking light

Thanks to everyone, but especially Ray O

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 01:03:48 -0500, "Ray O"

Re: AC blinking light

You're welcome!