Adding Cruise Control to Scion Xa

Hello all. I rececently bought a Scion Xa. It had no cruise control option, but I really like CC. I see Rostra makes an after market CC for Scions. My fear is that because installing it will void the warranty on those parts it uses, and it uses the computer, how safe is this? If interested I can send you the manual. Thanks.

Reply to
Haw'nTel

I'll give you a hint: Toyota's position on aftermarket parts on Scion is that if you buy and install them through the dealer at the time you purchase the car, even if they aren't Toyota parts, Toyota will add them to the standard warranty.

In other words, Scion is treating aftermarket add-ons the same way they treat Toyota add-ons.

And the fact of the matter is that if there's a problem that's caused by the CC add-on, and you didn't buy it from the dealer at the time of purchase, you're on your own. But if there's a problem that's NOT caused directly by the add-on, the warranty is not affected.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty