affordable car

Was it Dbu who was willing to try something cheaper for around town driving? Check this out, of course you may have move to India for this baby:

tak

Currently the world's cheapest car, Approx $4,000:

And, Tata motors:
Mahindra has been selling tractors in the US for a few years now... Wish they'd bring their FJ40 knockoff!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Gawd, I'm having a Yugo flashback.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I bet that car would never pass the U.S. safety requirments. That's maybe why it's so cheap. Last time I paid about that much for a new car was in 1969, a $2853 Plymouth Road Runner.

Reply to
dbu,.

When I was in high school a friend of mine had one of those that he was restoring. We went to the 7-11 at lunch time and on the way back he floored it up the hill. I felt like I was in a rocket and was being pressed back into my seat so strongly that I couldn't reach the dashboard. That car scared me at that young age.

Reply to
badgolferman

Mine had the 383 which was just the standard engine, nothing special. It had an optional engine available, that was the 426 Hemi, with 4 on the floor and a Hurst speed shifter nothing on the road at that time (1969) would beat it in the quarter mile.

I still have the service manual and the original Motor Trend issue featuring the Plymouth RoadRunner, car of the year.

Reply to
dbu,.

A brand name like Tata might have some appeal in California! ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Speaking of the late and unlamented Yugo, I chuckle whenever I think of Jay Leno's quip years ago when there were still Yugos on the road. He said "The other day I saw a guy in a Yugo, and he was talking on a mobile phone (what we had before cellphones)... and I thought "Who's he calling? .......K-Mart?":

Reply to
mack

One could double the resale value of a Yugo by simply filling the gas tank ;)

mike

Mike Hunter

"mack" ...

LOL! Remember those lame Yugo commercials? The odometer on top of it as it drives along.

Yeah, that was convincing.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®