Against Tinted Windows

Well, I'm talking about the front windows. No tinting should be allowed. Pe riod! Why?

"As an avid bicyclist I cringe when I encounter these dark-tinted behemoths at an intersection. Unable to make eye-contact, unable to see their hand g estures, I have no way of knowing if they see me or not. A cute waitress to ld me how she handles this exact situation: She carries pennies with her wh en she rides her bike and throws them at the windows or hoods of these disc ourteous drivers with the dark windows. When then challenged by these irate drivers, she fires back that she's doing them a favor by helping them avoi d a lawsuit. Personally I wouldn't advise this unless you're really cute li ke she was."

***

I got a little confession to make. Influenced by my girlfriend, who's worri ed about her safety, I gave in and had the front windows tinted. Then I tho ught today of this scenario as a cyclist, where you play a gamble because t here's no eye contact, and the tinted windows are going. Sure, it's pretty dark in the back but that protects my belongings without affecting my drivi ng.

We philosophers are always looking for the light.

"The jungle has never been this much fun!"

7aKc/edit?usp=sharing

"As an avid bicyclist I cringe when I encounter these dark-tinted behemoths at an intersection.

++++++++++++++++++++++

You are an idiot and nobody cares about your pathetic fears. Just because you cannot see in does not mean the driver cannot see out, and if he/she is not looking your way, it does not matter that the windows are tinted or not.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

It is already unlawful in your state to tint the windows in the driver or passenger door. It is okay for factory tinting, but is unlawful for aftermarket tinting. Some cops give a pass, and some do not. But hiding a mobster or mowing down a bicyclist are completely different issues that have nothing to do with the other.

This brings us back to, you're an idiot.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You're an idiot.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You're an idiot. I rest my case.

It is pretty clear what the tint levels that are permitted are.

It would make far more sense if they banned you from going outside.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

My personal experience is that the bicycle rider swerves into my lane. That's only my experience, and I resist the temptation to cast that experience to all bike riders. I also experience bike riders running stop signs and red lights and making illegal left and right turns, mostly left because it is difficult to make an illegal right turn except for violating the red light or stop sign. My personal experience is that most bike/car accidents are the fault of the bike rider. There are notable exceptions, and nearly all of them arise out of the bike rider failing to yield to the five or more vehicles that are stacked up behind them, and cars are faced with crossing a yellow, or double-yellow, line to get by. The bike rider happens to take that particular opportunity to swerve left for whatever reason, and runs into the path of the car.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I am not obligated to give the bike a full lane, and the fact that you think you have a claim on an entire lane is the root of the problem. You are required by law to ride as far to the right as is possible, but not in the dirt. This means that on a city street, you are wedged into the space between the cars parked at the curb and the cars passing by at whatever the posted speed limit is. You are not allowed to obstruct the normal and customary flow of traffic.

You're an idiot. I have to agree with you though, driving next to a bike rider that's texting is terrifying.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

THAT is the kind of thing that only an idiot would say.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland