Alarm on '89 Cressida goes off spontaneously

Over the last few years, the alarm on my '89 Cressida would go off spontaneously from time to time, over the last several months it's getting more frequent and I need to deal with it. I've noticed that sometimes the alarm light on the dash will stay lit and it seems to be a precursor to the alarm going off. It doesn't have to be locked for it to happen. The only way to turn it off is to turn the key in the door lock.

Any idea what could be wrong? How can I disable it altogether?

Thanks for all input

Reply to
Doc

IIRC, there are 2 switches in the door - 1 connected to the lock cylinder to disarm the security system and 1 connected to the lock to set the alarm. Assuming that there are not additional alarms or security systems installed, my guess is that the switch on the lock or the ECU itself is bad. You may be able to bypass the switch on the lock.

Reply to
Ray O