All Volunteer Military a Failure

I think we can do away with the notion that an all volunteer Military is viable in a war situation. If our volunteer Military branches were sufficiently staffed for a war situation we wouldn't need 180,000 private contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we would not need to put Navy and Air Force personnel in combat roles, when they have no combat training.

When are you salad tossing tough talking warmongering turkeys going to enlist in the Army or Marines? Ameeeraka needs yooo.

Reply to
Fartus Ignitus

Air Force and Navy personnel do have combat training. The draft is not viable except for a dire emegency. We are not in any kind of dire emergency. Not even close.

Reply to
dbu`

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.dca.giganews.com, dbu` sprach forth the following:

Exactly. Which is why we should bring troops home from the 150 countries they are in. Since we're not in any kind of emergency, there is zero zip nada need for forward deployment.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

How well did the draft work in Vietnam?

Reply to
badgolferman

Umm, the private contractors are volunteer as well. They do not have to go to Iraq. They can opt out and get a job elsewhere.

Reply to
Go Mavs

Better do a wider search if that is what you believe LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

After the Cold War was over, our politicians decided to take a peace dividend and reduce the size of the force to what it is today -- because we would not need a large military ever again owing to our reduced commitments worldwide. Unfortunately our national policy never worked our that way. Of course, the thought of the current administration was that the cost of the war in Iraq would be paid for by oil revenues from that country and we would be out of there in short order anyway.

Reply to
tww1491

I love how the mouth-breathing troll says "we". I guess the idiot's got a mouse in his pocket.

And his "anal-ysis" shows utter stupidity seasoned with naivete. Responding only means you're trying to teach a pig to fly.

Reply to
witfal

Would do so in a f*%&ing minute Ignitus. Then y'all wouldn't even have had to worry about somebody else going. But they won't take 75 year old farts...(Bout 70 when this began.)

PcolaPhil US Army (Ret) Nov '52 - Jan '73 (Draftee)

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Reply to
Jimbo

Our volunteer forces are staffed fully with the numbers the military says they need and the Congress authorizes. And they are doing a good job at it and you can do your part by paying your taxes!

Reply to
Sam in Savannah

During WWII, Korea and Vietnam the draft worked perfectly. It spread the risk out democratically to all Americans. During WWII 16 million people took part in fighting that war, thanks to the draft. I don't have the numbers for Korea or Vietnam yet but I'll find them later for you.

Why are you against democratically spreading the risk to most Americans? It is basic project planning to mitigate risks. On a very basic level war is a project to be planned and carried out using risk analysis, risk mitigation, etc.

This is why Shrub drove 3 companies into failure - he is a completely inept manager and executive. It is why he may actually drive America into the ground.

Reply to
Fartus Ignitus

. .

Every single military person who requested anything outside of Shrub's "plan" has been fired and then retired.

Reply to
Fartus Ignitus

Basic training is not combat training. You never served in the military! You have no knowledge of the military. That's tragically funny.

Reply to
Fartus Ignitus

Witless, why you so stoopeed, pendejo?

Reply to
Fartus Ignitus

It's little freshmen like Fartus who think that the military is all about guns and tanks. Don't try to get into his little weak mind. The only one who can do that is his artsy fartsy liberal professor.

Reply to
Go Mavs

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Scott in Florida sprach forth the following:

Instead of Spanish, thanks to Jorge Bush your god.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Scott in Florida sprach forth the following:

Uh, it's "The person WHO will be learning", fagdad.

The insane often laugh at themselves.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

The scurrilous demmicrats are trying hard to put heavy pressure on private securty companies so they will move out and leave our military to take over their duties, putting more burden on our military, in turn more pressure to pull out. I think the leader in this movement is the honorable mutha. This guy should be a retired bum.

Reply to
dbu`

I am against the draft unless absolutely necessary. I want people who are willing to fight for their country defending us than those who are being dragged into it. The incentive to do be part of something greater than yourself is what volunteerism is all about. And yes, I did volunteer to defend my country when I was a young man. There were no declared wars at the time, but there was the Cold War which was an even bigger threat to our nation than most skirmishes we have been involved in.

Reply to
badgolferman

. .

Oh the trials and tribulations you must have endured. How brave you were staring at those gaping missile silos in the Soviet Union. You are so full of crap. Well, I guess we can pretend they were "missiles" you were dreaming about.

The threat you fear and feared the most is one on one combat. Just admit it and we can get on with this discussion.

Reply to
Fartus Ignitus