alternator belt, 95 celica

i am having problems putting on my alternator belt onto my 95 celica, i have tried everything but a crow bar. is there a trick to getting the belt on?

Reply to
mic_bastid

Loosen the alternator?

Reply to
Hachiroku

One of the accessories driven by the belt has a tension adjustment, most likely the alternator. Loosen the bolt that holds the alternator in place. If the wiring harness for the alternator prevents it from pivoting, unplug the harness. There should be enough movement in the alternator pivot to easily slip the belt on.

Also, check the size of the belt and compare it with the old one. It should be a little, but not too much smaller than the one that came off.

Reply to
Ray O