American car lovers vs Foreign car buyers

Its funny how if you support a foreign car maker by buying one of their cars, you are almost labeled the devil by the hick elite.

I want to see American cars thrive. I would love to see American car sales skyrocket and see nothing but reliable American cars on the market... I would like to know if I ever buy a used American vehicle that it is not going to sh_t out on me and become the typical lemon of a car.

I buy the best product. I do not buy American because I am American. That kind of mentality is what created crappy lasting cars from GM and Ford in the first place.

With that said, Ford and GM are doing everything they can to turn it around and good for them. Here is hoping they put superb vehicles on the road...

Reply to
GO Mavs

lasting = non-lasting

Reply to
GO Mavs

"GO Mavs" > Its funny how if you support a foreign car maker by buying one of their

I totally agree.

I'm really happy that Ford is finally improving their products! That's good for everyone.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Agreed. As posted elsewhere, I've yet to find a completely trouble-free brand. Between my truck, and our '05 BMW 330CiC, they've both been great...so far. ;-)

Reply to
witfal

You have that.

The Honda Accord, built with pride in Marysville, OH.

As opposed to the Fords, which are built in Mexico...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Some Toyotas are built in Mexico, too.

And Most Fords sold in the US are built in the US.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Well, let's see. Percentage wise, FAR more Hondas sold in the US are built in the US. Shoot, they even export US-built Hondas to Japan.

A few Hondas are built in Japan and imported to the US, but not many at all.

Percentage wise, FAR MORE US-sold Fords are built not on US soil.

You want a solid American car, built by Americans for America, a reliable and safe piece of equipment that won't break the family budget?

You have that. It's called the Accord.

Ford doesn't have that. GM doesn't have that.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I am not aware of any Toyotas being built in Mexico. I think you have Toyota confused with Nissan, which makes the Sentra and Versa in Mexico.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Some Tacomas are made in Mexico.

Reply to
witfal

About 2/3 of the Hondas sold in the US are built here.

That's true. Ford has been building the cars in factories for years. It helps a lot in rain. ;-)

I don't know the percent of vehicles built in the by Ford that are built in the US. I suspect it is about the same.

I disagree. Ford, GM, Toyota and Chrysler all build good cars in the US.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Toyota has a plant in Baja California at which they will build around

50,000 Tacomae and 200,000 Tocoma beds.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff